|May 17||First practice - at least dry land|
|June 3||Swim Meet - Brushy Meadows|
|Jun 10||Swim Meet @KWPR|
|Jun 15 (Tuesday)||Swim Meet - Canebrake|
|Jun 17||Swim Meet - @Bent Creek|
|Jul 1||Swim Meet - Canebrake/Bent Creek|
|Jul 9/10||Divisional Swim Meet @Canebrake|
|Jul 17/18||Championships & Classics|
PLEASE READ - Per SAIL - family memberships are mandated by SAIL By Laws. From the SAIL technical rule book...
3.0 INDIVIDUAL PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS
3.1 An individual's eligibility to compete in SAIL meets is based upon the individual's family membership in their SAIL member community pool. For an individual to participate on a member community pool outside their community, their family must have purchased a regular family membership in that pool prior to competing in any team activities.
- Monday through Thursday mornings:
- 8:30 -9:30 (11 and up) and 9:30-10:30 (10 under).
- This will allow coach/lifeguards to properly prepare for their day.
- The team will have 5 lanes. One lane will still be available for extended as well as the diving area and baby pool.
- Monday through Wednesday evenings:
- 5:00 -5:45 Micro gators (immediately after change of guards) Only M and W.
- 6:00-6:45 swim practice 10 and under
- 6:45-7:30 swim practice 11 and up.
- Swim practices must end in enough time for lifeguards to prepare to change from open hours to extended.
- Thursday Meet days
- Friday Fun Day
The Wellington Green pool is operated and maintained by the Wellington Green Recreational Association (WGRA) and you can follow the link to their site to get more information about a summer pool membership.
After you have a pool membership, the swim team is a great way to help your kids, ages 5-18, learn to swim or improve their swimming skills and love for swimming, in a fun and competitive environment. Coaches work with the kids during both morning and evening practices during the summer, and then we have swim meets with other area pools to put their skills to the test.
Swim team is also a great family activity. It takes many people to run a swim meet, so parents are required to volunteer in some capacity. Some volunteer positions require a greater knowledge of swimming, but there are many volunteer positions that require just a willing person.
Check us out and if you can't find an answer for a question, then please contact us. We would love the opportunity to know you better and getting you into swim team.